Envoy Air Jobs in South Africa : Agent – Station Agent (Airport Customer Service)
Station Agents perform a variety of tasks to keep our ground operations running smoothly, efficiently and on-time. Responsibilities may vary at each airport and may include customer service (above wing), ramp service (below wing) work, or a combination of both.
Station Agents working customer service functions promote and sell air travel with American Eagle, American Airlines and/or other contracted carriers. Agents are responsible for answering inquiries regarding general travel information and will prepare itineraries, compute fares, issue refunds, prepare and issue tickets, check baggage and collect excess baggage charges in accordance with tariff rules. Agents perform duties in the departure lounges or at boarding gates when enplaning and deplaning passengers. Station Agents escort passengers from the terminal to and from aircraft ensuring a safe path at all times. Agents complete all necessary arrangements for accommodating passengers with reservations and stand-by passengers, including cabin upgrades. Agents will determine flight close-out times and prepare, complete and check various flight forms for accuracy.
Station Agents working ramp service functions may perform the loading and unloading of baggage, cargo, freight, and company materials on and off aircraft using equipment such as belt-loaders, tugs, and carts. Station Agents may also be responsible for marshaling aircraft, cleaning and servicing cabin interiors, draining lavatories, and de-icing aircraft. If these responsibilities apply at this location, more information will be provided at the interview session.
- Minimum Age: 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license; some license restrictions may prohibit a candidate from being eligible for this position
- Must be able to carry, bend, lift and turn with bags weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, days off, and be able to report to work on a regular and timely basis
- Requires flexibility to work additional hours beyond the regular shift, on short notice, and as needed due to operational necessity
- Must be able to perform all duties in various weather conditions and time constraints
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- A minimum of one year of customer service experience
- Some locations may desire previous airline experience including working knowledge of an airline’s ticketing system and/or ramp operations
Additional Position Details
- Tattoos, body piercings and/or tongue rings may not be visible while in company issued uniform at any time; tattoos cannot be covered with adhesive bandages or by other methods to render them not visible.
- The Company will pay fifty percent (50%) for the new hire employee’s first basic uniform set and the employee will pay fifty percent (50%) unless prohibited by local or state law.
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job