Golder Associates Jobs in South Africa : Senior Environmental Consultant
- Company: Golder Associates
- Location: Mpumalanga, South Africa
- State: Mpumalanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in South Africa
Golder Associates is seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant with the ability to deliver environmental management projects that meet an international Golder standard on budget and on time. The ability to manage client relationships, grow business and opportunities and represent Golder in-country.
- Creating and responding to business opportunities in the environmental sector and with but not limited to our key clients in mining;
- Identify work opportunities in response to new growth areas in Zambia
- Delivering projects in accordance with professional ethics and high moral values expected of a senior consultant;
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to our clients to address needs in a professional manner;
- Develop relationships and interact with our global senior specialists;
- Managing the technical delivery of projects and ensure they are delivered on brief, on budget and on time;
- Capacity to interlink Golder with the local authority and increase our visibility in local technical and institutional bodies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences / Master of Science in Environmental Sciences
- Expert knowledge of the country’s environmental and related legislation.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in related field;
- Previous in-country environmental management experience.
- Professional level of English and French language capabilities would be an advantage
- A broad knowledge environmental and social matters and issues facing the country and the mining/oil and gas sectors
- Legally able to work in Zambia (Zambian national, or foreign national with work permit)
- Own Vehicle.
- Valid Driver’s License and passport.
- Initiative and self-motivation;
- Analytical and problem solving ability;
- Ability to effectively coordinate projects and project teams;
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Work in a group and independently
- Display autonomy and independence
- Time management, deadline and solutions driven
- Good communication (verbal and written)
- Ownership attitude
- Positive attitude and mutual respect for team members
- Leadership: leads by example, a great advocate for the “Golder Way”, emerging as a leader
- Good judgment: Able to evaluate and analyze problems, can find the fair solution for all
- Collaborative decision making: actively gathers input from various stakeholders and integrates the feedback before making decisions
- Influential: Colleagues seek their opinion and judgment.
- Good communicator: Pro-active communication to address issues as soon as they develop, closes the loop on communication, good listening skills, relates well to different people and personalities in the group
- Organised: Strong organisational and priority management skills
- Results oriented: Has a strong drive to meet or exceeds goals and plans.
- Adaptability: Recognises the highly dynamic nature of our business, is flexible in changing circumstances (team, environment, workload)
- Effective delegation: assignment, communication, sets clear expectations, checks-in, identifies parameters/constraints to achieve task
- Ownership attitude: thinks and acts for the company’s best interest and sustainability
- Corporate awareness: actively supports corporate initiatives, understands how Golder works
- Communication: ability to convey complex concepts, results or instructions verbally and in written format
Title: Senior Environmental Consultant
Requisition ID: 18001082
How to Apply
Apply for this Job