Golder Associates Jobs in South Africa : Process Engineer
- Company: Golder Associates
- Location: Mpumalanga, South Africa
- State: Mpumalanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in South Africa
Golder Associates is seeking a Process Engineer to provide process engineering input to the Mine Water Engineering Group. These include both process and waste water treatment facilities focusing on mine water projects and input shall also be given to municipal waste water treatment projects. The candidate will lead the concept engineering design stage of water treatment projects and work with the rest of team on the subsequent stages of design, including basic and detailed engineering design. A problem solving approach to design shall be adopted. The proposed water treatment solutions shall maximise water use efficiency prioritise water use reduction, reuse and recycle in that order. Energy efficiency shall also be considered as well as waste minimisation. The role may require process engineering input to other areas besides water treatment.
- Carry out engineering design of water treatment facilities.
- Provide process engineering inputs to various projects in and outside the Mine Water Engineering group.
- Provide project engineering input to various projects in and outside the Mine Water Engineering group.
- Design, configure, and oversee process improvements to equipment, facilities and pipelines. Perform process optimization studies and develop new designs/concepts.
- Prepare calculations, specifications and drawings that conform to operational and regulatory standards.
- Develop and maintain design tools and databases.
- Provide technical supervision during plant construction, commissioning and start-up.
- Analyse technical risks and recommend options.
- Interface with other engineering disciplines.
- Provide operating support to existing plants where necessary.
- Chemical Engineering Degree (B.Eng (Hons) or equivalent) (Post Graduate Qualification will be an advantage)
- Minimum 5 years Process Engineering experience in process and waste water treatment, in either industrial or domestic waste water.
- Financial Knowledge.
- Consulting experience advantageous.
- Exposure to industrial and domestic water treatment projects.
- Mine water treatment experience will be an advantage.
- On-Site engineering experience.
- Project Management Skills.
- MS Word, MS Excel (Advanced), MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook , MS Projects, process modelling software (exposure can be to any
- Software and is not specific, but needs to demonstrate process modelling competency).
- Own Vehicle.
- Valid Driver’s License and passport
- The employee has an increased level of specialist skills in technical discipline area.
- Strong project management skills.
- Displays independence in completing work tasks.
- Makes decisions of moderate complexity with less frequent input and review from senior staff.
- Major focus is leadership of technical excellence with less supervision required.
- Provides technical direction to junior and intermediate staff.
- Is responsible for completion of reports / documents and proposals with senior review.
- Understands business systems and uses / follows these systems to ensure quality.
- Is recognised as a role model / mentor for junior staff.
- This is the first level having more regular contribution to group or team goals and planning.
- Motivates and encourages junior and intermediate staff to achieve results.
- Has regular contact with clients and manages client expectations.
- Employees focus on setting a positive example by identifying and reporting hazards, near misses and incidents.
- Displays a ‘safety first’ focus.
- Employees actively raise safety issues to the attention of peers, contractors and visitors and assist in seeking resolution to the issues identified.
- Communicates clearly and consistently the importance of health and safety and recognizes those who show the right behaviours.
- Standards / Processes / Procedures.
- Trusted project manager: consistently manages projects and / or tasks well, wants to expand project management abilities to include larger multi-disciplinary projects, able to communicate with teams, can bridge project director to junior staff
- Client focused: being more of a “solution” provider to client and colleagues than “deliverable” provider, comfortable with being the face of Golder, point of contact, ability to develop business and cross-sell
- Ownership Attitude: promotes the broader organisational strategy, makes decisions with the company’s best interests in mind
- Good judgement: ability to prioritise challenges, competing interests in our business (i.e. time vs. costs vs. quality)
- Mentoring: informal guidance and career development of junior staff
- Technical excellence: creating an area of technical specialty or service, highly skilled and respected in their field, participates in on-going training and conferences.
- Good problem solver: able to frame and communicate complex issues into simple tasks.
- Corporate awareness: actively supports corporate initiatives, understands how Golder works.
- Influential: are known beyond their team and people seek their input or involvement
- Networking: establishes good relationships with clients and staff, builds wide and effective networks Leadership: is emerging as a leader, has the ability and desire to lead small teams, actively supports corporate initiatives and promotes Golder’s culture
Title: Process Engineer
Requisition ID: 18001079
How to Apply
Apply for this Job