Golder Associates Jobs in South Africa : Junior Consultants X 2
- Company: Golder Associates
- Location: Mpumalanga, South Africa
- State: Mpumalanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in South Africa
Golder Associates is seeking to bring on board two Junior Consultants in its South African operation. The successful candidates will be required to work across either the environmental or social service areas within the group. They will be expected to be available and medically fit to travel to site, work in a team environment and apply a high degree of problem-solving in execution of their duties. The positions will be based in either Johannesburg or Pretoria and will be permanent.
The roles are those of junior consultants in either the environmental or social teams. We expect our staff to have a broad base of experience, be able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and be able to solve problems practically and proactively at project level while working in a team environment. As junior consultants the appointed candidates will work under close supervision of their line manager as they are mentored and grown in their careers.
- Assisting in the execution of a variety of environmental and/or social projects Undertaking site visits, involvement in stakeholder consultations, involvement in social assessments, involvement in all aspects of project coordination, execution and high-value product delivery;
- Interpreting field data and drawings, liaising with stakeholders, attendance at public meetings, recording stakeholder engagements, stakeholder issues interpretation;
- Working with a variety of software packages to deliver high-quality value adding technical reports;
- Consulting and collaborating with other specialists within Golder to provide technical input to specific aspects of projects; and
- Compiling and integrating reports, spread sheets and drawings into a final product.
We would expect the suitable candidate to have a postgraduate degree in environmental or social studies. Preferred qualifications and skillsets include the following:
· Master’s degree in environmental or social sciences (preferably research-based) or
· Honours degree in environmental social sciences; or
· Proficiency in environmental impact assessment, environmental permitting, social assessment and / or stakeholder engagement
· Capability in the use of MS Office suite of software.
Preference will be given to a candidate with relevant EIA, permitting and / or social and stakeholder experience, as well as knowledge of the mining and industrial sectors in South Africa and Africa. Other competencies include:
· High attention to detail and problem solving abilities;
· Technical writing capability;
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with multiple stakeholder groups
· Works with specific and regular direction from intermediate and senior staff and interacts regularly with the direct line of report and project managers. Makes decisions in limited situations with direction from intermediate and senior staff.
· Delivers project activities linked to the day to day project requirements with a major focus on data collection, processing and initial interpretation.
· Ownership attitude : cares about and takes pride in their work, takes ownership of assigned tasks and role, accountable for assigned tasks/responsibilities;
· Shows initiative : proactively does more than expected but seeks guidance when required, looks beyond assigned tasks;
· Enthusiastic : positive, eager, wants to get involved;
· Learning and growth: desire for continuous self-improvement, takes feedback well, wants to learn and improve;
· Willing to ask questions : wants to understand our business and that of our key client sectors;
· Versatile / flexible : willing to try different things;
· Good communication : clearly expresses their ideas, speaks clearly, and writes well;
· Detail and quality focus : has a high standard of care in all they do, takes pride in their work, sets high standards for their work, pays attention to details, double checks their work;
· Good Judgement : confidence to ask questions, knows when to ask, and is willing to ask for help;
· Organization : ability to prioritize time and demands, juggle multiple tasks;
· Work ethic: able to apply their education or experience to work situations; and
· Willingness to work locally and abroad.
*Title: *Junior Consultants X 2**
*Requisition ID: *18001097**
How to Apply
Apply for this Job