Volvo Group Jobs in South Africa : Diesel Technician (Commercial Truck)
- Company: Volvo Group
- Location: Middelburg, Mpumalanga, South Africa
- State: Mpumalanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in South Africa
The main purpose of the job is to add value to labour hours through maintenance and repairs of truck.
Reporting: This position will report to the team leader / service manager.
- Fault tracing and diagnosis on Volvo Products.
- Apply knowledge and experience to interpret symptoms of “under performance” or failure of components .
- Follow directives provided in Workshop Manuals.
- Interpret Volvo manuals, specifications, directives and instructions.
- Produce work of acceptable standards as per instructions/directives.
- Produce and maintain work in accordance with the Volvo standard.
- Follow repair and maintenance instructions and specifications provided in Volvo Manual and Service Literature.
- Follow procedures/processes to ensure vehicles/components are presented to customers in acceptable condition.
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports on diagnosis, assessment of component/part, failures, observations, actions and recommendations.
- Document observations, actions, recommendations and job cards and relevant service/information sheets.
- On completion of the work, complete job cards.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained to the Volvo standard and management requirements.
- Work area is maintained as required by management and the Volvo prescription.
- Equipment stored according to management requirements.
- Repair Customer Breakdowns.
- Liaise with driver before responding to customer breakdowns.
- Ensure the correct documentation is in place.
- Respond to and repair customer breakdowns.
- Complete job cards and log the kilometres, travelling time and parts invoice.
- Ensure customer/driver signs the breakdown response form.
- On return from breakdown, hand in all documentation.
- Compliance to ISO 9001 and Safety.
- Following ISO standards for all processes in the area of responsibility.
- Ensure the safety processes are followed.
- Ensure adherence to the Safety Act and Regulations.
- Qualified Diesel Mechanic
- 3 years in maintenance and repairs of commercial vehicles
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
Travel Required (Maximum)
Last application date
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer E.O.E/M/F/Disability/Veteran
How to Apply
Apply for this Job