Unilever Jobs in South Africa : IT Director Africa
- Company: Unilever
- Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in South Africa
IT Director Africa
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The purpose of the role is to help drive business performance by leveraging technology as a competitive advantage and looking for ways to utilise technology advancements to connect with our customers / consumers, develop new business models, automate processes, leverage data to provide insights, and reduce costs. This role needs to be a trusted advisor to the management team. Additionally, this role will champion and lead new agile ways of working across all of Geo IT. A critical component of the role will be to attract and develop the digital talent needed to drive Unilever forward.
- Shape and drive how technology can enable the strategic priorities of the Africa business.
- Demonstrated ability and proven experience to lead digital initiatives and ways of working.
- Be a master communicator. Ensuring that Senior Executives are well informed about how IT can drive their business, any major risk areas, implementation plans, financial impacts
- Represent ETS and IT on the Africa Leadership Team, and represent the interests and priorities of Africa back to the Global IT LT/ETS LT and ETS Service Lines.
- Determine the go forward strategic technology roadmap for the Africa programmes and projects to deliver on the strategic priorities of the Africa business.
- Manage the matrix of resources across the team, including virtual project teams, and 3
rd party service providers.
- Drive the adoption of global solutions into the Market, providing relevant feedback to Platform teams to ensure Fit for Purpose solutions
- Ensure that optimal risk profile of projects and programmes based on business needs.
- Manage new demand for change across the Africa geography.
- Ensure effective decommissioning and life cycle management of all local and Business Managed Applications, ensuring the applications are maintained in a supported state.
- Attract and develop talent across IT team to be able to work in an agile, collaborative and digital way.
- Be an active team player across the IT leadership team driving common ways of working and leveraging our global scale.
- Financial stewardship and management of African IT budget.
Desirable: Degree or similar qualification
- A track record of introducing new business models, concepts and technology to drive business performance
- General management skills – ideally cross functionality (Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing & Sales, R&D, Infrastructure, Information Security, Data and Analytics)
- A demonstrated ability to manage complex, multi-project / programme and stakeholders across a large organisation in excess of an annual budget of 10M EUR
- Strong financial management and stewardship
- Ability to inspire and motivate a high performing team to deliver value using agile methodology where the teams are self-directing, non-hierarchical and empowered.
- Adept at operating a large country or multiple small-countries as utilizing the matrix to deliver results
- Well versed in local country data privacy laws and GDPR and able to ensure compliance
- Ability to determine sourcing strategy (Insource vs Outsource) and manage vendor relationships
- Strong external network which can be used to accelerate initiatives within Unilever. Seen as a thought leader, speaking internally and externally on areas of expertise.
- Experience developing Internal and external press releases and communication
Please apply online and add your PDP & Talent Profile if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg-Atholl Towers
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: May-25-2018
Req ID: 180007XZ