MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE.
The group operates in the market through multiple client-facing brands including insurance and investment brands Metropolitan and Momentum, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer Guardrisk and wellness & rewards programme Multiply.
MMI operates in 14 countries, 12 in the African continent, United Kingdom and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
MMI’s purpose is to enhance the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. Our promise to our clients is to be their Financial Wellness partner over this life-long journey, using our expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals.
We have an Internship for Quantitative Analyst.
To assist with the development and implementation of quantitative models used to measure, monitor and manage financial risk exposures (market, credit and liquidity risk).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK OUTPUTS
- Sourcing data to be used in the internal risk management database engine.
- Data scrubbing and cleaning (using Excel / Python / C#) to prepare data prior to loading into internal database.
- Statistical analysis of data to be used as part of the general financial risk analysis.
- Develop and produce weekly market updates to track financial market performance.
- Responsible for testing systems that will be developed by the team prior to deployment.
- Business Acumen
- Client/Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for Results
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Motivating and Inspiring Team
- Impact and Influence
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Growing Talent
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Quantitative honours degree
- Computer programming experience at university level
Closing Date: 19 March 2018
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan. We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.