The Small Enterprise Foundation (SEF) is a not-for-profit, pro-poor microfinance institution working towards the eradication of poverty by creating a supportive environment where credit and savings services foster sustainable income generation, job creation, and social empowerment.
The Small Enterprise Foundation is looking to fill internship positions for a variety of functions. Interns will participate in projects based on their skill set, experience, and interests.
Interns will be based between SEF’s two offices in Tzaneen and Johannesburg, South Africa, but will also be required to visit staff and clients in rural areas for training, monitoring, and research. SEF provides interns with accommodation and a monthly stipend.
The intern will be responsible for assisting with SEF’s Larger Loan Pilot. The Larger Loan product is tailored for micro and small enterprises, which can bring economic development to rural areas.
Opportunities exist to support SEF staff in the following areas:
- Product design, testing, and evaluation;
- Operations systems and report improvement;
- Social impact measurement and reporting;
- New technology implementation;
- Organisational development and capacity building.
Ideal candidates should possess a mix of the following characteristics:
- University degree in business, social sciences or related; graduate degree preferred;
- Passion for and commitment to poverty alleviation; exposure to microfinance a plus;
- Enthusiastic, resourceful, motivated, self-starter, fast-learner;
- Exceptional written, communication and presentation skills (in English);
- Diverse technical skills, including data analytics; database and/or programming experience, is a plus;
- Open-minded, culturally sensitive, and eager to learn and contribute;
- Track-record of professional achievement a plus.
Please email your CV/Resume, cover letter and Academic Transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 0866 814 558.
Closing date: 28 February 2018
12 months Internship Contract
NB: Any application without cover letter will not be considered.