At TFG you can expect all the real business exposure, experience, and training you will need to get your career off to a flying start and realise your true potential. We also know that sometimes you may just need some time to figure it all out and discover the world of retail before you choose any one of our many exciting career paths.
To top it all off, TFG offers competitive graduate salaries which makes shopping sprees a reality, not a pipe dream!
Exciting opportunities are available for students to gain experience in their field of study through 12 month internships at our Head Office in Cape Town! In return, successful candidates will be paid an allowance to cover basic travel costs.
The Design Centre currently works with 10 factories (excluding Prestige) across Johannesburg, KZN, Lesotho, Swaziland and Cape Town. With Prestige (our manufacturing division) growing to 50% of the annual volume, continuous growth will continue to rely on external factory growth.
Factory growth will include supporting new factories as well as factories growing from small to medium sized business.
This is why we need young, talented individuals with a range of skills to join our team as interns in an exciting, ever-growing space! There are a range of different intern roles available (read more about these below).
To apply for these positions you need:
- A relevant degree or diploma in Clothing Management or Design (including pattern design qualifications) or Clothing Production
- Currently reside in Cape Town
- An eye for detail and exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to build and maintain healthy relationships
- To be self-motivated, and take responsibility for your own development
- To be a team player
- To be proactive
- A strong ability to learn
- A good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.