The Perishable Products Export Control Board (PPECB) is an independent service provider of quality certification and cold chain management services for producers and exporters of perishable food products.
The presence of the PPECB in the export industry is furthermore enhanced by its recognition as an approved third country under the European Commission Regulation 543 of 2011. This agreement recognizes the South African inspection systems as equivalent to that of the EU inspection bodies and therefore ensures less frequent checks at the port of import into the EU.
The Operations Department in the Eastern Cape has x12 vacancies for a Junior Inspector in Port Elizabeth, Kirkwood/Addo, Fort Beaufort and Patensie area.
This is a fixed term contract, for the duration of the Citrus season to conduct an inspection of products and equipment according to standard protocols and procedures as prescribed through PPECB’s current legislative mandate.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Inspect and certify perishable products.
- Inspect the handling, storage, and transport of perishable products.
- Ensure the correct application of quality management systems, ISO procedures and work instructions.
- Perform administrative tasks.
- Build and maintain good relations with PPECB clients.
- Communicate with various clients on own specific task and outcome of decisions
- Accept the responsibility of continuous self-improvement in their area of responsibility according to the PPECB performance framework.
- A National Diploma in an agricultural or food science discipline
- National Certificate: Perishable Produce Export Technology would be advantageous
- Practical experience of products inspected in the relevant region will be an advantage: Citrus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A valid code 08 driver’s license and own reliable vehicle
PPECB is an equal opportunity employer and promotes compliance with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act.
It is our intention to promote equity according to our Employment Equity plan with the filling of posts. All applications will be considered, with the understanding that, in terms of the PPECB Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.