It is the Department’s intention to promote equity (race, gender, and disability) through the filing of this post with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numeric targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan.
Department Of Health Vacancy For Personal Assistant
PERSONAL ASSISTANT II (REF NO: NDOH 5/2018)
SALARY: R226 611 per annum (plus competitive benefits).
CENTRE : Chief Directorate: Supply Chain and Assets Management. Pretoria.
- A Senior Certificate (Grade 12) and a three (3) year tertiary qualification in Office Administration or related field.
- At least three (3) years’ experience as a Personal Assistant or rendering secretarial services to senior management including experience in general office and provisioning administration.
- Knowledge of departmental procedures with regard to finances and budgeting.
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organization, planning telephone etiquette and computer skills (MS Office packages).
- Ability to act with tact and discretion as well as ability to maintain confidentiality
- Provide a secretarial/receptionist support service to the manager.
- Perform advanced typing work.
- Record the engagement of the senior manager.
- Render administrative support.
- Ensure effective flow of information and documents to and from the office of the manager.
- Provide support to manager regarding meetings.
- Support the manager with the administration of the manager’s budget. Scrutinize documents to determine actions and information.
- Collect and compile necessary documents for the manager to inform him/her on the contents.
The Director-General, National Department of Health, Private Bag X828, Pretoria. 0001.
Hand delivered applications may be submitted at Reception (Brown application Box), Civitas Building, corner of Thabo Sehume (formerly known as Andries) and Steuben streets.Pretoria.
FOR ATTENTION: Ms. M Shitiba
CLOSING DATE: 19 February 2018 12:00 Midday
NOTE: Applications should be submitted on form Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM
Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV (previous experience must be comprehensively detailed) and certified copies of qualification certificates (including Senior Certificate/ Grade 12 Certificate regardless of the qualification requirements indicated in the advert), service certificates, including ID and driver’s licence.
No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered.
Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).The Department reserves the right not to fill the post.
The successful candidate will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.
Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
If notification of an interview is not received within three (3) months after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
The Department will not be liable where applicants use incorrect/no reference number(s) on their applications.