The Eastern Cape Department of Health is implementing Learnership and Developmental Programmes targeting
the youth of our communities to capacitate and upskill community beneficiaries decrease the unemployment rate
in the province.
REFERENCE NUMBER: PHARM. ASS 03/05/2018
Applications are invited from the unemployed (18.2) youth and qualifying employees (18.1) serving the department
of health who are interested in developing or upgrading themselves within Pharmaceutical services to apply for a
fourteen (14) months Learner Post Basic Pharmacist`s Assistant Learnership Programme scheduled to start in July
2018 for the following areas:
- Joe Gqabi District– 30 learners (18.2)
- Buffalo City Metro which includes Cecilia Makiwane and Frere Hospital – 10 (18.2)
- Nelson Mandela Bay Metro – 10 (18.2)
- Alfred Ndzo District (Umzimvubu Sub District – 30 (18.2)
- Mbhashe Sub District – 10 (18.2)
- Mnquma Sub District – 10 (18.2)
The above numbers for the allocated seats in the identified areas are excluding 18.1 (serving
employees) or the employed category.
Applications are invited from 18.1 (serving employees) who qualify and as per identified needs in their workplaces across the province and who are interested in undergoing a Learner Post Basic Pharmacist`s Assistant programme to submit their applications to their nearest Human Resource Development offices as per catchment areas or workplace.
Employees already serving in Pharmacy areas without the relevant qualification will be prioritized for the twenty (20) seats funded by HWSETA.
1. Certified copy (current and not older than three months) of Grade 12 (Matric) certificate or equivalent with
Mathematics and English subjects passed.
2. Certified Copy of Identity document (RSA) – current and not older than three months. (If
a South African Identity card is used copies must be for both sides.)
3. CV/Personal profile
4. Z. 83 form filled (obtainable from any Public Service Department office or facility.)
5. Release letter from supervisors for the employed or serving applicants (18.1).
6. Proof of residence as per catchment area one has applied for.
7. A certified copy of South African Pharmacy Council Basic Pharmacist Assistant
National Certificate (current and not older than three months)
8. A good and outstanding academic performance record during schooling or other forms of
training will be an added advantage.
- All copies must be certified and certification date not to be later than three months old.
- The Eastern Cape Department of Health is committed to ensuring inclusivity, equity and fairness.
- Applicants must clearly indicate the reference number on the Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORMOR
Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM
- Academic records will be verified.
- No late and incomplete applications will be considered.
- Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within three months after the closing date of the advert, regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Monthly stipend is at R2, 000 per learner.
- No faxed or emailed applications or documents will be accepted.
Applications must be submitted to the offices for Human Resource Development (HRD) Managers of the
Department of Health in relevant districts and or Sub districts hand delivered or as follows:
Joe Gqabi District – Post and hand deliver to: Human Resource Development Office, 32 Dan Pienaar Street,
Springs, Aliwal North, 9750. Enquiries: Mr L. Kometsi – Tel. 051 633 9630
Alfred Nzo District – Post to: Human Resource Development Office, Alfred Nzo District Office, Private Bag X 3515,
Kokstad, 4700 or hand deliver to: Human Resource Office, Office 26, 81 Murray Street, Kokstad, 4700. Enquiries:
Mrs B. Mbobo – Tel no 039 797 6082.
Nelson Mandela Bay Metro: Dora Nginza Hospital – Post to: Human Resource Development Office, Dora Nginza
Hospital, Private Bag X11951 Algoa Park 6005 or hand deliver to: Human Resource Development Office, Admin
Buildling1st Floor, Dora Nginza, Spondo Street Zwide Port Elizabeth 6201. Enquiries: Ms D. Tsotsobe – Tel no 041
Livingstone Tertiary Hospital – Post to: Human Resource Development Office, Livingstone Tertiary Hospital
Private Bag Private Bag X60572, Greenacres, Port Elizabeth 6057 or hand deliver to: Human Resource
Development Office, Livingstone Hospital, Corner & Stanford Road, Korsten, Port Elizabeth 6001. Enquiries: Mr
G. Naidoo Tel 041 453 0911.
PE Provincial Hospital – Hand deliver to: 8 Buckingham Road, Mt Croix, Port Elizabeth 6001. Enquiries: Mr M.
Maqungo (Pharmacy Manager) – Tel no 041 392 3911
Buffalo City Metro: Cecilia Makiwane Regional Hospital – Post to: Human Resource Development Office, Cecilla
Makiwane Regional Hospital, Private Bag X9047 Cambridge 5200 or hand deliver to: Human Resource
Development Office, Cecilla Makiwane Hospital 4 Billie Road, Mdantsane, East London, 5219. Enquiries Ms L.
Vara –Tel no 043 708 2121
Frere Tertiary Hospital – Post to: Human Resource Development Office, Frere Hospital, Private Bag X 9047, East
London, 5200 or hand deliver to: Human Resource Development Office, 4th Floor, Frere Hospital, Amalinda Main
Road, East London, 5200 Enquiries Mrs Z. Moyikwa – Tel no082 474 6055.
Mbhashe Sub District – Post to: Human Resource Section, to Mbhashe Sub District, Private Bag X1232, Idutywa,
5000 or Hand Deliver to Public Works Premises next to Kunene Funerals, Idutywa, 5000. Enquiries: Ms N. Jack –
Tel no 078 049 5575.
Mnquma Sub District – Post to: Human Resource Office, Mnquma Sub District, 15 Old Hospital Road Ext 7
Butterworth 4960, Enquiries Ms N Tengwa –Tel no 047 491 0740. Enquiries: Ms Q. Mtshabe – (Pharmacy
Manager) Tel no 072 8061605.
For Enquiries Contact: Miss Thobeka Mehlwane Tel no– 040 608 1525/4 or Ms Viwe Makonco Tel no– 040 608
Closing Date for submission of applications: 31st May 2018; Reference Number: PHARM. ASS 03/05/2018
NB: If you have not been contacted by the 30th June 2018, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.